This offer has now ended
You can still read the full Terms and Conditions below
Investment Boost 2023 Terms & Conditions
Investment Boost 2023 Terms & Conditions
Investment Boost - Terms and Conditions
1. The following terms and conditions apply to this Transfer Offer Promotion (the “Promotion”).
2. The promoter is John Lewis plc trading as John Lewis Investments (“John Lewis Investments”).
3. John Lewis plc trading as John Lewis Investments acts as an Appointed Representative (having firm reference number: 416011) of Nutmeg Saving and Investment Ltd (“Nutmeg”) for the purpose of making introductions to Nutmeg and distributing financial promotions. Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, no. 552016, registered in England and Wales, company no. 07503666, with a registered office at 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
4. As part of this Promotion, if you transfer a cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA, cash Junior ISA, stocks and shares Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund to John Lewis Investments within the specified Promotion Period you will receive cashback into your un-allocated cash pot (“Investment Boost”) as detailed in Table 1. The cashback is restricted to one payment with a maximum value of £150 per product held with John Lewis Investments (as set out in Table 1).
5. The John Lewis Investments Standard T&Cs, apply to the opening and administration of your account. These terms are the “Promotional Offer T&Cs”. Please carefully read and understand both sets of T&Cs before entering the Promotion and redeeming the Reward.
6. The capitalised words in these Promotional Offer T&Cs have the same meaning as in the John Lewis Investments Standard T&Cs, unless they are expressly given a different meaning here.
7. If there is an inconsistency between (a) the Promotional Offer T&Cs; and (b) the John Lewis Investments Standard T&Cs, the John Lewis Investment Standard T&Cs will apply.
8. By completing an ISA or JISA transfer request in accordance with paragraph 13 below, you are agreeing to be bound by these Promotional Offer T&Cs and the John Lewis Investments Standard T&Cs.
9. The Promotion will run from 00:01 on 6th April 2023 to 23:59 on 31st May 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
10. This Promotion is open to new and existing customers who wish to transfer an existing cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA, cash Junior ISA, stocks and shares Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund from another provider to John Lewis Investments.
(a). Existing customers are individuals who are John Lewis Investment customers that have opened an account before the 5th April 2023.
(b). New customers are individuals who:
(i). Have not invested with, or used the services of John Lewis Investment or Nutmeg before
(ii). Meet the eligibility requirements of the John Lewis Investments Standard T&Cs at the date of opening a John Lewis Investments account, in particular clause 1.1, 1.2 (for any account) and 24.4 (for JISA)
(iii). are resident for tax purposes in the UK only (this excludes residents of Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
(iv). are not a U.S national; and
(iii). Will be transferring an existing cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA, cash Junior ISA, stocks and shares Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund from another provider to John Lewis Investments by opening a new John Lewis Investments ISA or Junior ISA.
11. This offer cannot be claimed:
(a). in conjunction with any other Nutmeg or John Lewis Investments offer, or promotion; or
(b). to transfer any eligible product into a 100% cash pot.
12. The Promotion is limited to one Investment Boost per customer of up to £150 as described in Table 1.
Accepting the offer – Investment Boost
13. To accept this Promotion, and receive the Investment Boost (as set out in Table 1), you must do each of the following during the Promotion Period:
(a). Ensure the transfer(s) you wish to initiate meets the minimum threshold of £5,000. If you complete multiple transfers, the cumulative value of the transfers will count towards the minimum threshold; and
(b). Complete the product transfer request via the relevant link here.
Transferred Value: £5,000.00 - £9,999.99 = Investment Boost Reward: £50
Transferred Value: £10,000.00 - £19,999.99 = Investment Boost Reward: £100
Transferred Value: £20,000.00+ = Investment Boost Reward: £150
14. John Lewis Investments is not responsible for providing any financial advice. Please seek appropriate financial and tax advice that is tailored to your situation before availing yourself of this promotion.
15. John Lewis Investments is not responsible for any potential additional tax liabilities that could arise from your availing yourself of this Promotion.
When and how the Reward will be paid
16. The Investment Boost will be paid to your account within three (3) months of successful completion of your product transfer request and the funds in your John Lewis Investments ISA or Junior ISA being traded. If the product transfer requires more than three (3) months to be completed, the Investment Boost will be paid to your account upon the successful transfer completion and the funds in your John Lewis Investments ISA or Junior ISA being traded.
17. In every case:
The Investment Boost will be left in 'un-allocated cash' and you will be notified via Nutmail that you have cash waiting for allocation. You can then choose which product to allocate this cash to, or submit a request to withdraw the ‘un-allocated cash’.
18. John Lewis Investments cannot be held responsible for any issues or delays in transferring your eligible product caused by the ceding provider.
19. In addition to its rights in the John Lewis Investments Standard T&Cs, John Lewis Investments reserves the right to change, terminate or withdraw the Promotion at any time without prior notice to you in cases of:
(a). suspected abuse, fraud or violation of its rules; or
(b). your failure to comply with any obligations under these Promotional Offer T&Cs; or
(c). unexpected operational constraints.
Where this Promotion is changed, terminated or withdrawn in accordance with this paragraph 19, these Promotional Offer T&Cs will no longer apply.
20. This Promotion should not form the basis of any decision to invest. If you are unsure if a stocks and shares ISA or a stocks and shares Junior ISA is the right choice for you, please seek financial advice. John Lewis Investments does not provide any financial advice.
21. Nutmeg charges management and other fees. The details are available here. John Lewis Investments may receive a portion of the fees charged by Nutmeg for their services.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
As with all investing, your capital is at risk. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. The value of your portfolio can go down as well as up, and there’s a chance you could get back less than you invest. We recommend you seek appropriate financial advice that is tailored to your situation before you invest.
John Lewis plc trading as John Lewis Finance acts as an Appointed Representative of Nutmeg Saving and Investment Ltd for the purpose of making introductions to Nutmeg and distributing financial promotions. John Lewis Investments services are provided by Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited; authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, no. 552016, registered in England and Wales, no. 07503666, with a registered office at 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.